Sunday 17 April 2016

It's Easier Said Than Done!

Why is it when I write these blogs I am bursting with eagerness to start the next week and so full of ideas; but when reality hits, it's a whole different ball game.... For instance: I had received a walking work-out video from a friend and was going to get up every morning and do it before work. Well, Monday mornings I am always an exhausted write off so that was a wash, and Monday evening is the same. Tuesday morning I decided it wasn't just Monday morning; apparently, it's an every morning thing... So of course that leaves evenings. Well, by the time we get home and have supper it's seriously almost bed time, or at least so close to it the last thing I want to do is exercise. This is tougher than I thought! I did get to finally exercise with the video this week, at 11:00pm last night (Saturday night). On a positive note, Hubby watched me do it and he was very impressed I kept up and got through it. I myself, was equally impressed... :D

Although I had trouble getting in the walking video, we did make it out to aqua fit class this week. Turns out it was actually aqua zumba class. This was lots of fun but I learned something about myself I didn't like... Despite always considering myself a smoooooth dancer, I don't think I can follow choreographed dancing...at all! I couldn't keep up to save my soul. I seemed to be either behind in movements, using the wrong foot/arm, or going in the wrong direction! I did get some enjoyment from watching my better half have the same struggles... mean of me I know! Actually, he was worse than I was, thank God! ;) 

Did any of you take on the 4 litre a day water challenge I mentioned in my last post? I started with this on Monday morning and it didn't take me long to feel as though one more drink of water would make me burst! I actually was feeling ill because I was SO full.... I didn't want to quit though so the second day I gave it another go and had a totally different reaction to it; I didn't mind it a bit! It was only the first day I found rough and every day after was better. It's not as hard as I thought it would be. If you were thinking about trying it but it seemed like too much, work up to that amount by starting with two litres. That is a totally respectable and reasonable amount of water to drink in a day. 

So thanks to the water intake, bit of exercise, and I think the lemon in my water I have for breakfast, I lost 2.4 lbs this week. I'm pretty sure I have those things to thank for it because I was a brat most of the week! I had a burger one night for supper, and chinese food two nights (counting leftovers). Plus, I've been nibbling a bit on candy because a bag has been sitting next to me all week. I really have to kill the nibbling habit after supper! 

So this week I REALLY want to do my best in every way and see how well I do on Sunday! If I can lose 2.4 lbs being bad, what can I do being extra good??? There will be no nibbling this week, I will have healthier meals, and I will try to exercise more! I am only 2.2 lbs away from losing 30 lbs!  WOOHOOO! 

Stay tuned to see if I can make that 30 lb mark! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment