Monday 15 February 2016

Long Time - Little Change

Every week I am pleased with my progress, but when I look at the big picture... not so much! I lost an even 2 lbs this week. From 319.2 I am now down to 305.6 lbs. It feels as though we've been at this for awhile now and it just doesn't seem like a big enough drop in the number. I really REALLY don't want to get discouraged so I'm trying to focus on one day at a time and that does seem to work. Looking ahead... SO dangerous! 

So losing 2 lbs this week was a bit of a miracle considering we went out Friday evening to supper and a movie. Supper consisted of wings, potato skins and a coke. It was good, but not as good as I was expecting it to be (I haven't had a meal like that, or pop, in a long time). We then went to a movie where I had a small popcorn and another coke. OMG the calories... plus the wings and skins leftovers came home with me for Saturday's supper. 

Little side note about the movie; it was "Dirty Grandpa". If you mind a little raunchiness or cursing, do NOT go see this movie. However, if you don't mind that stuff, it is funny. Although, I was with a friend who did mind the raunchiness and cursing and I think a big part of my enjoyment was watching her reaction. About a quarter of the way into the movie she whispered to me, "I hate you!". Naturally I laughed even more... :) 

Back to dieting... Still not exercising but I am more active just by being a little less lazy during the day. I know I have to start moving soon because I don't want anything hanging when I lose this weight! I want stuff firm and where it belongs! It's bad enough boobs are out of control most of the time; I don't want anything else being a danger to myself or others! :) 

Well, my first beef stew is in the slow cooker for tonight's supper. If it's any good, there will be leftovers for awhile too. Should be a hearty and healthy meal if it turns out ok. Fingers crossed... 

If I can remember, I will tell you how it turned out. Stay tuned... 

No comments:

Post a Comment